Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I May Not Be Martha Stewart, But...

I took on a couple projects this past week. I love being off with my family, and I love projects too. Today's project (other than ornaments) was baking. My sister-in-law, Mollie, is a great cook. Everyone knows that I don't fair to well in the kitchen. She made a Hummingbird Cake the other day, and my mom said she would like one. Well...being the wonderful daughter that I am, I decided to bake her one. Today was my first time to bake a cake without using a box. I will say that all went well. I was a little proud of myself. I took it to church tonight, and there was non left. I had to come home and bake another one for my mom.



My finished cake...I did get the recipe from Martha Stewart...



Mrs. Laura gave me this mixer last year, and I will say that I love it...

1 comments:

The Whites said...

that mixer looks cool! send me that recipe.