Monday, April 27, 2009

A Walk Worth Taking...

Today my third graders took a walk to Porches. It is a BEAUTIFUL Antebellum home in Wesson. They serve lunch Tuesday - Friday, and lunch on Sunday. We had our end of the year party there today. We had a great time learning about the business, and the wonderful food they prepare each day. Chris M. the cook and son, started the restaurant 14 years ago as a college work study business. Needless to say it has been a great business for our town, and a beautiful landmark. Thank you so much for sharing your day with our class.






WE HAD TO STOP TO GET BATTRIES FOR THE CAMERA...






MY THIRD CLASS AND MR. CHRIS...























MR. CHRIS TELLING THE STUDENTS ABOUT THE RESTAURANT...



ON OUR WAY BACK TO SCHOOL, MR. SCOTTIE AT THE BANK CAME OUT TO SAY HI...

2 comments:

The Whites said...

OHHH I love me some Porches!!! ha It is definitely worth walking to. But, they ate pizza? not the same, ha. Also, when did Wesson get a Dollar General? :-)

Unknown said...

Somehow I found your website and was browsing through and came across the picture of my Dad! He always seems to show up in pictures! Your website is so cute and your kids are adorable. I remember when your son was in my mom's class!